Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

My fantasy football team is 0-5-1 so far. Deuce McAllister was my star. He's out for the rest of the year. Cadillac Williams is my backup. He's been injured. Can't really blame it on the injuries, though. More than the injuries, I think it's my complete lack of knowledge about these players, and the failure to recognize that drafting a bunch of New Orleans Saints -- not by design, but it just happened to come out that way -- when they're really quite an awful team -- may not have been the best idea. It seems that football fantasy points depend a lot more on team performance than baseball ones do -- that is, you can have some awesome baseball stats on some terrible teams, but if your football team sucks, it seems that probably your quarterback isn't going to have the best stats in the league. I may be wrong about this, it's just a theory based on no knowledge at all.