Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Orin Kerr over at Volokh posts this quote from a New York Times piece:

Several Republicans, including Mr. Specter, said they steered clear of asking Ms. Miers questions about constitutional law. Mr. Specter, who said the timing of the confirmation hearings would depend in part on when Ms. Miers feels ready, said he initiated a discussion of the shifting standards the Supreme Court has applied in interpreting the Commerce Clause of the Constitution, but only to illustrate to Ms. Miers the kinds of questions she would face during her hearings.

"I did not ask her about it because I don't think she's ready to face it at the moment," he said. "Look, the lady was White House counsel dealing with totally other subjects until Sunday night when the president offered her the job. And Monday she's sitting with me. I'm not going to ask her questions which she hasn't had a chance to study or reflect on."

One of the comments to the post:

Hmm, I think I might have a copy of a ConLaw commercial outline (Gilbert's or some such thing) left over from first year law school I could lend to Ms. Miers so she can "cram" for her exam before the Senate Judiciary Committee.

Which makes me think... that's a great idea... what if a bunch of law students all collected their Con Law study guides together and sent them in a big box to Ms. Miers? What if it became a national movement? I think only of the potential press opportunities, not of any real worthwhile value coming from such a stunt. But what a neat stunt it would be. Maybe. Or maybe it's 2:30 in the morning and I'm just thinking weird.

Maybe. Does this interest anyone? Anyone want to help me create a web site, something like ConLawStudyGuidesForMiers.com, only better, and do this for real? Or am I just being stupid? Anyway, if anyone wants to do this with me, shoot me an e-mail. That'll help me gauge whether I'm being stupid or not. :)