Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Sunday, November 13, 2005

I had a very vivid dream last night.

I was at my mom's house, and she was having some sort of dinner party. And the mail came. And in the mail was an envelope from the New York Bar. And inside the envelope was a very complicated pamphlet with all sorts of numbers and statistics and a grading key. And I needed to get a calculator to figure out whether I passed or not. And I got the calculator and plugged in all the numbers, in the dream, and it turned out I failed. And then I used a rotary phone to call someone and tell them. And then someone at the dinner party ate my food. And then I woke up.

This is what I get for reading a message board about bar results right before going to sleep. The rumor is that they come out on Wednesday.

I can't legitimately expect to have passed, given the amount of studying I did, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't rather have passed than have failed. Luckily, there aren't any consequences for me either way. If I didn't pass, it's a good argument for Bar/Bri classes. If I did, it's a pretty solid argument against. I'll report the results either way.

I hope the people for whom this all really matters aren't getting too nervous about it. I imagine it's pretty nervewracking to not know if you really need to know. And it's been a really long time since the test.