Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

I just watched last night's episode of "The Office," which has actually been pretty funny this season. The farther it moves away from the British version, the better it's been, even though the British one is really funny. Anyway, last night's episode had one of the workers inviting everyone except for the boss over to his house for a party, and the boss went to his improv comedy class. I think this was the first time I've ever seen them portray an improv class on TV. It was clearly written by people who've taken improv classes. It was very funny. The boss would insist on pulling out an improvised gun in every scene, completely taking over and ruining the scene for the other people in it. And the office party scenes were really good too. What's nice about The Office is that the characters mostly all feel real, and don't just feel like stock sitcom characters.