Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Thursday, November 03, 2005

I saw "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels" on Broadway tonight. Liked it. It's a solid show. The script has moments of humor, the story's engaging, the songs are fine, the acting is really good. It's everything a Broadway musical should be. I wasn't blown away -- the music is fine but nothing really stuck; the story is fun but didn't do anything for me emotionally -- but I was certainly satisfied. Norbert Leo Butz, who plays the second lead to John Lithgow's first, is terrific. Absolutely terrific. Commands the stage, great voice, great presence. He played a supporting part in Wicked, but left the Wicked cast before I saw it and instead I saw Joey McIntyre, who was also very good. But, despite his terrible name, Norbert was terrific. John Lithgow's good, Joanna Gleason's good, the whole cast was very solid. Good show, glad I saw it.