Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

The teacher of my improv class has a book in stores about weird things in New York. Here's a barnes&noble link. The book looks interesting, although I haven't seen the inside, so I'm just basing that on the description on barnes&noble and the fact that he's a good improv teacher. I can recommend with confidence that if you take an improv class, you should take it with him, or with the improv teacher I had for a previous class. They're both very funny and good. Why does everyone have a blog now? It used to feel special. This must be what people who had color TVs before everyone else feel like now.

I just watched Barbara Walters' special on the 10 most fascinating people of the year. I bet if you didn't watch it you can't name 3. I think it was really the 10 most fascinating people of the year that ABC has lots of file footage on, and, in 8 of 10 cases, were willing to sit down and talk to Barbara Walters for 10 minutes, and have a movie (or album of rap music) to promote. Here would be my list, just off the top of my head, of the 10 most fascinating people of the year, none of whom were on Barbara Walters' list. I'm actually serious about my list. I could have tried to make a funny list, like with "Katrina" on it, pretending she's a real person. Or, "Katrina," "Mrs. Butterworth," "my cousin," and "Terri Schiavo," who, while she was in the news this year, sure, she is not fascinating. In fact, she is probably the opposite of fascinating, given how much mental activity she had going on.

Okay, my list, in the order in which I could think of ten fascinating people. Send me your list and I'll post it. yeah, why not. I'll post your lists if you want. Sure. That could be fun. Okay.

My list, sadly, appears to be populated in large part by Supreme Court nominees and baseball people. Oops. This reflects what I find fascinating, I guess. This is hard, actually. I can't really think of 10. I sort of hate my list.

1. Harriet Miers
2. Ray Nagin
3. John Roberts
4. Theo Epstein
5. Peter Jennings
6. Stephen Colbert
7. Rosa Parks
8. Ozzie Guillen
9. General Russel Honore
10. Michael Bloomberg