Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Monday, December 05, 2005

Cool cool cool article about Wikipedia and its potential problems.

ACCORDING to Wikipedia, the online encyclopedia, John Seigenthaler Sr. is 78 years old and the former editor of The Tennessean in Nashville. But is that information, or anything else in Mr. Seigenthaler's biography, true?

The question arises because Mr. Seigenthaler recently read about himself on Wikipedia and was shocked to learn that he "was thought to have been directly involved in the Kennedy assassinations of both John and his brother Bobby."

Neat! If someone's going to make up stuff about me, I hope it's about my direct involvement in someone's assassination too! I think that's really funny. I am saddened, however, that further down in the article, it talks about how the guy thought about suing. Is this really seriously lawsuit-worthy? I mean, maybe if I was older and the Kennedy assassinations felt to me like real events instead of history book events I'd be more outraged. I suppose to me this is about on the same level as someone writing in my biography that I started the Peloponnesian War. So I think it's hilarious. I guess to him it wasn't. Oops. I like Wikipedia.