Jeremy's Weblog

I recently graduated from Harvard Law School. This is my weblog. It tries to be funny. E-mail me if you like it. For an index of what's lurking in the archives, sorted by category, click here.

Saturday, December 31, 2005

Here's a post by a 2L about grades and exams and jobs that's pretty articulate and interesting. An excerpt:

I am seriously questioning my commitment to the hard work it takes to get good grades. This is not out of laziness. I worked hard this semester but not as hard as I worked last year. Not even close. But I still put in an absurd amount of time, effort and energy. (My wife can attest to that.) Will the time and effort pay off? That's the billion dollar question because it depends what "paying off" means. If it means getting good grades, well, that's nice, but I still don't have a job and that's why I'm in law school--to get a job. (Oh yeah, I'm also here to learn about the law and learn how to be a lawyer, but I can't count the number of times I've heard it said that you learn how to be a lawyer when you get your first lawyer job).

So what do decent grades get me? So far: nothing. So you tell me: Is it worth it?

His commenters have some study ideas there too. So if you still care about law school stuff, you can check that out.

A couple more random links:

Jay Is Games reviews lots of online Flash games and can pretty much kill an afternoon for you if you're not too careful.

And here's a link to an article from the Daily News about a potential 4-way trade between the Mets, Devil Rays, Orioles, and Red Sox. Yikes.